“What day is it?”
“It’s today,” squeaked Piglet.
“My favorite day,” said Pooh.
― A.A. Milne
I am a big believer in living in the moment, appreciating what is front of you RIGHT NOW. What is front of you right now? For me, it is summer. Not some flaxen hair girl, but the actual season. And while the rest of the country appears to be suffering from heat waves and power outages, southern California is experiencing a real and wonderful summer.
What are my favorite things about summer?
1. The sun (duh)
2. The beach (double duh)
3. The temperatures (triple duh)
4. Outdoor BBQs – mmm tasty grilled treats- and no dishes to do!
6. So You Think You Can Dance – this is one of my favorite performances of ALL TIME (start at :26).
7. Sauvignon Blanc, Mimosas, Bellinis, and Champagne with berries, outside. Nothing like a cool glass of white vino or bubbly on a hot summer’s day.
8. Early AM sunny yoga class. Start your summer day off right.
10. Summer reads
11. Windows open.
14. Popsicle man
15. Hanging with fam, friends, and new friends.
17. World Cup/Olympics
18. Summer Concerts – I was able to go to the Hollywood Bowl last night for the Ben Harper concert. I hadn’t seen Ben since 1998!! If you’ve never been to the Hollywood Bowl, it is quintessential LA in the summertime. Free flowin wine, food, friends all around. Perfect temperatures, great acoustics. Always a guaranteed good time.
19. Summer romance/s – summertime is a great time to be a single person. Warm temperatures, elevated moods- all a great mix for fun summer flirting. The concert last night did not fail in that department. I met a frenchie who is living in my neighborhood just for the summer, a bearded brazilian whose last night of 40 days in the US ended today, and a kid I met on the shuttle on the way home that in the darkened bus, with the glow of the outside lights, appeared to look like Jef from the bachelorette. I don’t know for sure that in the light of day he actually looks like Jef, and I am sure my Pinot Grigio and Chard consumption did not assist me in my examination, but his hair was very Jef-esque. I somehow convinced him to come to yoga class on Tuesday night.
What are your favorite summer delights?