I wanted to spend a moment reflecting on gratitude- well, because I have a lot of it. For a myriad of different things/people. I am going to take a sec to shout out just a few of the hundreds of things I’m thankful for this weekend- because a lot is happening right now.
1) Safe travels via Virgin Airlines, and helpful friends for rides to the airport.
2) A well-respected, loving father who makes me proud.
3) A set of parents who are still as in love as they were 40 years ago.
4) A darling trio of nieces I adore.
5) A brother and sister-in-law who get me. And vice versa.
6) My single life (but I still don’t get why I keep attracting the twenty-five and younger set :P).
7) Old college friends and new LA friends- in the same room at the same time.
8) College football- and upsets like UCLA, Oregon State and Arizona. And NFL Sunday craziness.
9) Dick’s Deluxe.
10) Monique Lhuillier’s Spring 2013 Collection. So many lovely pieces.
11) All of you who read my blog- thanks.
Ok, now it’s your turn.
1. Get either a notebook or several sheets of paper and a pen.
2. Start writing “I am thankful for __________________.”
3. Now do this for ten minutes, not a second less.
I know you probably think me a crazy person asking you to write what you are thankful for in ten minutes. You probably think it will only take two minutes. And guess what- it does. At the two minute mark is about the time your brain has to get creative. You’ve already thought of friends, family, health- or, maybe specific people, family members and body parts. After that two minute mark you really have to crank out everything that makes a difference in your life. Fresh air. Clean water. Get the picture? So just do it. Spend the ten minutes. Anytime you are feeling upside down, come back to this gratitude list and realize everything you do have. It’ll elevate your appreciation toward life and yourself!